Published August 17, 2013
- Hollywood Costume: Superhero Day at ACMI this Sunday!
- The first part of Fisheye Placebo by Deviantart user Yuumei. It’s a cyberpunk webcomic about an authoritarian, American government with extensive censorship, and a hacker named Vance. You just have to go read it. The artwork is gorgeous and the premise is intriguing.
- Felicia Day playing violin with Tom Lenk on piano. Sure, it’s over a year old, but SHH. An Ode To Carrie Fisher is excellent.
- Death Note. I just got back into it, and I’ve burned through 60 chapters in two days. If you’re not a big manga person, Death Note is based in Japan. A Death Note falls from the Death God world to the human world, where a human boy finds it. Any name written into the Death Note will die. You can read it online or buy it. Google it.
- Radio National’s Radio 360. I’ve been getting more into radio stuff, and ABC’s Radio National does a great documentary series called Radio 360. So good.
- I’m in love with this song by The Airborne Toxic Event. It’s called ‘The Graveyard Near The House’ and it’s beautiful and melancholy but kind of cheery. Vaguely happy songs about death and love are the best kinds of songs.