News: The Australian Ballet Launches its 2014 Season
Ballet-lovers, get ready for a huge 2014 season from the Australian Ballet coming up! The Australian Ballet launched its 2014 season at its Production Centre in Altona today, which will include classics such as The Nutcracker and Cinderella, contemporary acts Chroma and Bodytorque, and the Telstra Ballet at the Bowl, which will be celebrating 30 years of partnership with Telstra.
Artistic Director, David McAllister, said audiences were demanding “more ballet and more choice of productions”, and the Australian Ballet has delivered.
The 2014 season will feature:
- Sir Kenneth MacMillan’s Manon
- Imperial Suite
- Chroma: the name of the bill and also the title of one of the items on said bill. Wayne McGregor’s 2006 show mixes ballet with The White Stripes. Jiří Kylián’s ‘Mozart double’ will also make an appearance.
- Bodytorque’s first Melbourne trip with the theme ‘DNA’
- Alexei Ratmansky’s Cinderella
- Stanton Welch’s La Bayadère
- Peter Wright’s The Nutcracker
Subscriptions packages for the 2014 season are available from 9am today. To book, visit the Australian Ballet website or ring 1300 369 741.